Thursday, July 21, 2011

Theater! ...And Packing

I wish I could post some shots of rehearsals for the local production I'm helping with, but I neglected to ask for permission, so instead I will blather about how FANTASTIC it is that all the flooring is being replaced in the house next week!

When my mother built this house, she apparently smoked something recreational - I mean, took temporary leave of her senses - because she installed off white carpeting in the entire house (a nice addition to the bright white walls). When I moved back to my hometown and she asked me to be her roomie and share expenses, I was all for it (vacations, anyone?!) but this carpet...

No.

No carpet.

BAD.

So after 12 years in the house, all the evil carpeting is about to be replaced by non-carpeting. In preparation for this, all photos and knicknacks are now piled precariously on the dining room table (my brother replaced the flooring in there a couple of Christmases ago).

Photobucket
Gomez approves of boxes he can be nosy in.

In the bedroom-I-turned-into-an-office, there are both built in bookshelves and some I finished and used in my own places. The non-built-ins have been emptied for easier moving, and it's a sad sight. :( Poor empty shelves.

Photobucket
Check out my mad staining skillz!

But I get to reorganize my books when I put them up again, and I always love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment